Willowbank News and Media
QUEENSLAND AUTOSPECTACULAR SET TO HIT WILLOWBANK THIS WEEKEND
Article Date: 14 April 2015
Just days remain until the Queensland Autospectacular comes to Queensland’s premier drag racing facility, with the popular annual motoring enthusiasts mecca set to return to Willowbank Raceway this Sunday (19 April).
Last year’s running of the Autospectacular drew more than 700 judged and display vehicles to the delight of more than 6,000 auto fans.
Willowbank Raceway CEO Tony Manson said the Autospectacular represents a great and affordable day out for all the family.
“Spectator entry for the Queensland Autospectacular is just $10.00, with children aged 13 and under gaining free admission, making this a very affordable day out for the whole family,” said Manson.
“For those looking to take part in the event with their pride and joy there are a number of ways to take part and we are really looking forward to seeing a wide range of amazing cars, utes and bikes out here on display on Sunday.
“From judged and display vehicles to Rocker Cover racing, Sound-Offs, wheel-changing competitions, trade sites and more – there is plenty to see and do here at the Raceway this Sunday.
“In an extra bonus for racing fans, we will also be running a competition at the event for fans to win passes to the largest drag racing event outside of the United States, the FUCHS Winternationals, with both a double pass for the Bendigo Bank Corporate Club and two general-admission double passes up for grabs. Attendees simply have to fill out a form to go in the draw.”
All motoring enthusiasts are invited to bring their pride and joy no matter what its age, type, make, model or condition – vehicles can be entered for judging or display, with display areas also available for clubs. Entry for both judging and display is available on the day at the Raceway.
Also on offer will be a large swap meet area with free parts pick-up, timed Test ‘n’ Tune drag racing for street registered cars or bikes entered in the event, as well as a Car Sales Corral, Rocker Cover racing, a wheel-changing competition, DB Drag Battle Sound-Off, Drift City 1/10 Scale Drift Car Display, and a large trade site area.
Gates open to the public at 7.00am, general entry is just $10 with children aged 13 and under gaining free admission. Additional fees may apply for participation in certain parts of the event – please click here or contact 07 5461 5461 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Willowbank Raceway is Queensland’s premier drag racing facility, located 45 minutes from Brisbane or just a short drive from Ipswich, offering a year-round program of events for the entire family. For more information including a full event calendar, please visit www.willowbankraceway.com.au
EVENT INFORMATION – QUEENSLAND AUTOSPECTACULAR – WILLOWBANK RACEWAY – SUNDAY 19 APRIL 2015
- General entry - $10.00 per person, children 13 and under gain free admission
- Swap sites – Site free plus $10.00 per person for each person
- Judging Cars and Utes - $10.00 per car, plus $10.00 per person for each person
- Display Cars and Utes - $5.00 per car, plus $10.00 per person for each person
- Judging Bikes - $10.00 per bike, plus $10.00 per person for each person
- Display Bikes - $5.00 per bike, plus $10.00 per person for each person
- Car Sales Corral - $5.00 per vehicle, plus $10.00 per person for each person
- Test ‘n’ Tune – only open to judge car or bike and display car or bike entrants, appropriate judge or display fees as listed above apply, plus $20.00 for Test ‘n’ Tune entry
- Club Car Display – judge or display fees as per above, no additional fees for club area
- Rocker Cover Racing – general entry fee as per above, no additional fee for participation in Rocker Cover Racing
- Gates open to entrants – 6.00am
- Gates open to public – 7.00am
- Presentation of trophies – 2.00pm
« Back To News