Willowbank News and Media
2016 QUEENSLAND AUTOSPECTACULAR ROLLS INTO WILLOWBANK
Article Date: 13 April 2016
Queenslands largest combined Auto Show and Swap Meet, the Queensland Autospectacular, rolls into Willowbank Raceway this Sunday April 17th.
Last year’s event showcased more than 700 judged and display vehicles for more than 3,500 automotive fans, and this year’s event is shaping up to be even more exciting. A great day out for car enthusiasts and families alike with something to entertain everyone - from judged and display vehicles to Rocker Cover racing, wheel-changing competitions, trade sites, RC Drift Cars and of course a test ‘n’ tune.
“We encourage anyone who has an interest in cars to come out and enjoy this spectacular family friendly event” said President of Willowbank Raceway Tony Wedlock.
“This is a great opportunity for all motoring enthusiasts to bring their pride and joy, no matter the age, type, make, model or condition for judging. There are numerous trophies on offer, including commendation for the best in show and best car club.”
“We look forward to welcoming you all to this great event, and hope you all have an enjoyable day.”
The HSV owners club will once again have one of the best presented displays at the event with over 45 cars, and this year the biggest display of vehicles will be offered by the Classic and Muscle Car Club of Ipswich, confirmed club member Peter Whyte.
Sponsors for the 2016 event include Shannons Insurance, Atlas Batteries, Seat Safe and TruBluTint Autostyling. Phill Ross from Shannons Insurance said “We are excited about being involved in this fantastic event which is the perfect day for all car enthusiasts. We are looking forward to seeing everyone on the day and we encourage you all to stop by our trade stand to get a quote from us, which will enter you into the draw to win tickets to the 2016 Winternationals, as well as meet Top Fuel Racer Darren Morgan.”
With plenty of trade stands on offer, selling everything from collectibles to car parts, as well as an extensive swap meet area offering free parts pick-up service and an exciting kids zone there really is something to entertain everyone.
Gates open to the public at 7.00am, general entry is just $10 with children aged 13 and under gaining free admission. Additional fees may apply for participation in certain parts of the event – please click here for more information.
The 2016 Queensland Autospectacular forms just part of the non-stop racing action that happens year round at Willowbank Raceway. With everything from Test ‘n’ Tunes where you can race your own car or bike, to the largest championship drag racing event held outside of North America – the Winternationals – there is something for everyone in the action-packed 2016 calendar. For more information about the venue – located 45 minutes from Brisbane or just a short drive from Ipswich.
EVENT INFORMATION – QUEENSLAND AUTOSPECTACULAR – WILLOWBANK RACEWAY – SUNDAY 17 APRIL 2016
· General entry - $10.00 per person, children 13 and under gain free admission
· Swap sites – Site free plus $10.00 per person for each person
· Judging Cars and Utes - $10.00 per car, plus $10.00 per person for each person
· Display Cars and Utes - $10.00 per car, plus $10.00 per person for each person
· Judging Bikes - $10.00 per bike, plus $10.00 per person for each person
· Display Bikes - $5.00 per bike, plus $10.00 per person for each person
· Car Sales Corral - $5.00 per vehicle, plus $10.00 per person for each person
· Test ‘n’ Tune – only open to judge car or bike and display car or bike entrants, appropriate judge or display fees as listed above apply, plus $20.00 for Test ‘n’ Tune entry
· Club Car Display – judge or display fees as per above, no additional fees for club area
· Rocker Cover Racing – general entry fee as per above, no additional fee
· Gates open to entrants – 6.00am
· Gates open to public – 7.00am
· Presentation of trophies – 2.00pm
« Back To News