Willowbank News and Media
Ipswich is Gearing Up to Welcome Winternationals Fans
Article Date: 10 June 2016
Ipswich is gearing up to welcome Australia’s most passionate drag racing fans for the City of Ipswich Winternationals. Each year, disciples of the quarter mile make their annual pilgrimage to Ipswich for the ‘Winternats’ - the biggest drag racing meet outside of North America.
An awesome program of non-stop action will light up the track, while away from the raceway, the Ipswich region is packed with surprising new adventures for racegoers to discover.
Whether you’re looking for things to see and do prior to the first race, before you head for home, or if you’re just looking for somewhere to grab a tasty meal and a drink, discover what’s on offer in Ipswich.
Not enough time this year? Raincheck some of these great experiences for Winternats 2017.
· Take to the skies with a scenic helicopter or hot air balloon flight.
· Get behind the wheel of a V8 race car or enjoy a tour on the back of a trike.
· Entertain the family at a fun-packed rail museum or one of Ipswich’s many parks.
· Grab a bite at a restaurant or trendy cafe.
· Unwind at the end of the day with your crew at a funky bar.
· And the list goes on…
« Back To News